Summer will be here before we know it. Florida is known for its tropical temperatures and this year will be no exception. Summer means a few things; consistent sun, white, sandy beaches, and of course, refreshing air conditioning! But there are a few things to consider before turning on the AC. To prepare for the upcoming months of heat, make sure you check your HVAC unit to ensure that it is functioning properly. Before you turn on your AC, we recommend that you check a few key areas first.
- Make sure that your condensing unit, located outside, is not covered by obstructions and before to check your unit after removing any AC covers . Covering your condensing unit can protect the paint, keep rain and precipitation out of the unit, but it can also become a home for insects, can cause mold that can damage your unit, and can even lead to rust. Make sure that your unit is free from all possible discrepancies before turning on your AC.
- Change your filters regularly! Depending on the type of filter, pets, and allergies; your filter should be changed every 1-3 months. Your air filter is a vital component of your air quality. Make sure that all air filters are clean, especially if you have pets in the home.
- Clean the vents indoors and on the outdoor unit as well. Make sure that there is no debris within the small crevasses of your outdoor AC unit.
- Remove any fungus, sludge, or debris from your drainage pipe. A clogged drainage pipe can lead to leaks and various other damage in your home. Contact us today if you suspect that you may have a clogged drainage pipe.
- Use a timer. Timers are wonderful tools that can help you conserve energy and save money. Before you turn on your AC unit, make sure that your timer is set and ready to go.
Don’t wait until Summer to find out that your drainage pipe is clogged or that your filters are in dire need of a spring cleaning. Contact your local AC contractor today and solve your problems fast and easy. Enjoy the summer weather and have a nice, cool home to retreat to.