Maintenance is an integral component of your air conditioning system. Regular, preventative, and emergency maintenance can all increase the longevity, performance, and vitality of your HVAC unit. So where can you start. Bruno Air Conditioning and Energy Star have some tips to help you ensure that you’re doing your part for your comfort’s sake.
- Check thermostat settings when you’re at home and consider programming it to turn off when you’re away. Programmable and/or smart thermostat’s are the next step towards efficient temperature control, even when you’re out of the house!
- Don’t forget to check and inspect the Condensate drain in your central air conditioner, furnace and/or heat pump (be sure to check your heat pump when it is in cooling mode). A plugged Condensate drain can lead to water damage in the house, affect indoor humidity levels, and may even lead to health and safety issues.
- Clean evaporator and condenser air conditioning coils. Dirty coils reduce the HVAC unit’s ability to cool your home and cause the system to run longer, increasing energy costs and reducing the life of the equipment.
- Check your central air conditioner’s refrigerant level and adjust. Too much or too little refrigerant will make your system less efficient, increasing energy costs and reducing the lifespan of your HVAC unit.
- Clean and adjust blower components to improve your air quality and overall airflow. Airflow issues can reduce your system’s efficiency by up to 15% and severely affect your home temperature.
There are several things that you can check and change yourself such as air filters. Inspect, clean, or change air filters once a month in your central air conditioner to improve air flow, air quality, and the overall comfort of your home. If you’re unsure how to change your air filter let us help! Bruno Air Conditioning is dedicated to you and your family’s comfort. Our team are trained, certified, and happy to help. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.