Earth Day doesn’t end today at 11:59pm. It doesn’t even end tomorrow. We are, or should be, living in a perpetual Earth Day. Going Green isn’t as much a movement as it is a lifestyle, one that should be lived every moment of every day. Even in the air conditioning business, we know how important it is to you and your future that we do our part to uphold sustainability standard. We are proud suppliers of Energy Star products from trusted industry favorites like Trane and Rheem. Buying an energy efficient air conditioning unit is guaranteed to help you in the long run. HVAC units that have the Energy Star conserve while they run, saving you money without sacrificing your comfort.
If you’re looking for more ways to save energy this Summer season, look no further! These tips from Energy.Gov can give you some of the relief you need.
- Set your thermostat at a high a temperature in the summer and ensure humidity control if needed. The smaller the difference between the indoor and outdoor temperatures, the lower your overall cooling bill will be.
- Avoid setting your thermostat at a colder setting than normal when you turn on your air conditioner. It will not cool your home any faster and could result in excessive cooling and, therefore, unnecessary expense.
- Consider using an interior fan along with your window air conditioner to spread the cooled air through your home without greatly increasing your power use.
- Avoid placing appliances that give off heat such as lamps or TVs near a thermostat.
Long-Term Savings Tips
- If your air conditioner is old, consider buying an energy-efficient model. Look for the ENERGY STAR® and EnergyGuide labels — qualified room air conditioners are 10% more efficient, and qualified central units are about 14% more efficient than standard models.
- Consider installing a whole-house fan or evaporative cooler if appropriate for your climate.
Ensuring energy efficiency among your appliances is easy when the right steps are taken. Set up all of your products to sustainability, save money, and do your part today!