Have you ever wondered just how important clean air is? Stop wondering and know the facts: air quality in your Florida home isn’t something to take lightly. If you don’t already have allergies, asthma, or other upper respiratory problems, you may not think much about what is floating around your rooms. Yet air quality has a direct impact on your everyday health.
Why Clean Air Matters
Airborne irritants not only aggravate allergies and asthma symptoms, they can cause respiratory problems and illness if left unchecked. Keeping your air clean can alleviate symptoms for those sensitive to airborne irritants, and prevent health concerns in those who aren’t. The best way to prevent airborne allergens is to make sure your air conditioning or HVAC system is properly filtered and running efficiently, but there are also additional steps you can take within your home to maintain an optimal environment.
How to Maintain Clean Air in the Home
If you find yourself coming across lingering particles, dander, and dust or you’re sniffling and sneezing more, then you’ll want to go through our Clean Air Checklist:
- A Clean House is a Happy House! Clean your home on a regular basis. Not only does a clean home feel better mentally, it also helps clear your environment of dust, allergens, pet hair, and germs that can affect you and your family’s health. Make sure you wipe off fan blades as well, as dust tends to gather on top of them.
- Easy, Breezy. Ceiling fans or creating a draft through open windows can help provide circulation for the air in your home, which can prevent stagnancy.
- Purify Your Home. An air purifier can go a long way in helping you breathe easier, and works well when coupled with an efficient AC unit.
- In With the Good; Out with the Bad. Make sure you change your air filters every 1-3 months. You should check your filter monthly to determine whether or not it needs to be changed.
- Oh, the humidity! Keeping the humidity reduced in your home can prevent mold and mildew from thriving. Dehumidifiers can work in tandem with your AC or HVAC system to maintain a clean air environment.
Your air conditioning or HVAC system also plays a tremendous roll in elevating and maintaining the air quality in your home. If it’s been awhile since your system has been maintained or you would like to consult a professional on the right dehumidifier or purifier to couple with your air conditioning unit, contact our experts at Bruno Air! We service all of Florida, including Tampa, Orlando, Kissimmee, Sarasota, Naples, Marco Island, and more!